Friday, April 29, 2011

Embrace the muck and mire!


After a long, cold, hard winter, I'm personally ready to put this one behind me and move on...but not in a tossing it away kind-of-way. More in the integrating it within way so I don't have to go back and revisit it over and over and over again. I want to be truly free and clear and open and available to whatever comes next. So, still work to do, but gaining ground and just felt like celebrating.

I used to look at life as things moving continuously forward, and my job was to avoid - by any means necessary - getting caught in the muck and mire of life with anybody or anything. I now know they call that "running from life".

When my past relationship ended up in our own homemade version of the muck and mire, I decided I had found someone I wanted to learn how to move through the muck and mire of life with together. But this significant other decided, for whatever reason, they needed to keep "running from life" and avoid that muck and mire at all cost.

So what have I learned so far:

- Muck and mire is inevitable. We don't have to try to create it. We just naturally will. It's not to be avoided. It's to be honored for all the gifts it can bring us; for all the ways it can strengthen us.

- On the front end of the next relationship - Note to self: find someone who has my same perspective on traversing the muck and mire of life; someone who has experience of journeys made through said muck and mire & who still can light up a room with their smile and warm the hearts of all those around them...because they know the true joy of living and loving.

- Be open to the "Yes!" of it all...but balance that with the wisdom of your intuition and the critical thinking skills of your logical brain...because you will be happier you did in the long run.

That's enough for tonight! Time to put my brain to bed.

No comments: