Friday, December 22, 2006

Robin Redbreast


Thanks to all who commented on my debut post. It's only been 24-hours, but I've felt new parts of me expanding and unfolding since opening shop last night!


Yesterday while walking outside, thinking about the Winter Solstice, knowing that as soon as I could carve out time I would make the first post to my blog, I looked up in the trees and saw a Robin Redbreast.


It was a rainy, foggy Atlanta day and yet here sat this bird of spring quietly and powerfully sharing its presence with me. We stood there together for about five minutes before going our separate ways. As we parted I knew it was no coincidence that we had met on the Winter Solstice.


Animals carry various energies that help us to move along on our path, if we will just take notice. Robin embodies the energy surrounding times of new growth & beginnings. They fly in with the winds of change asking us to weed our personal gardens and plant new seeds for the future. They teach that you can experience rebirth & renewal with joy in your heart as you release attachments to the old.


As Susanne said in her comment, "What a wonderfully auspicious day you chose to start your blog!" I think the Robin Redbreast I was hanging out with was saying the same thing in his own unique way.


I didn't logically calculate that the Winter Solstice was the best day to start my blog. As many of you know, I've been talking about doing it for a L-O-N-G time. In the last month, I felt inside my body at a cellular, soul, gut-level that I needed to do this now, which became last night.


The image involves a custom-built luxury liner...say the Queen Mary 2...where the ship's Captain intentionally powers up the elaborate navigational locator system onboard that allows others to know the QM2's position in the ocean...her presence, if you will.


That is what I did last night by opening this blog. I flipped the on-switch letting my position be known by offering my vibration and light to the world. And I chose to do it on the darkest night of the year.


Symbols abound. Creation is at play. Robin Redbreast flies in. Joy flows deep.


As the sign on my front door reads:


"Welcome: received gladly into one's presence or companionship"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Debbie. Yes it's me up at 8:00. Unheard of but Laura and I are heading out to TN for Christmas. Glad you are listening to what is inside of you. A pair of cardinals and I have been hanging out all winter. She shows up quietly and then he blazes in to share breakfast at our feeder. They greet me just about every time I sit at my kitchen table for a cup of coffee and quiet. Nice to have companions like that. Have a great Christmas!