Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Winter Solstice


Tonight is a favorite of the year. The Winter Solstice. My path to honoring this evening has been a journey that will unfold through stories, insights, ramblings, pictures, and musings that I post here along the way.


The Winter Solstice is the shortest day and darkest night of the year. Each day after it brings increasing light as the earth continues its forward movement of cycling through the seasons. Just as I feel the movement toward increasing darkness on the Summer Solstice in June, in turn I feel the movement toward increasing light tonight. And that always makes me feel hopeful & happy. Basking in the light has a way of doing just that!


I've learned much about living with the rhythm of the seasons and the cycles within the days, weeks, and months of the year. It's helped me to simplify life and be more present each moment. Honestly, I don't know how else to live anymore, but that's a story for another time.


For tonight, I want to welcome you to the beginning of this blog. The Winter Solstice seemed a fitting time to offer my light and my vibration to the world through this space. So...welcome, one and all! I hope you find this a comfortable & fun place to hang out.


Happy Winter Solstice!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it....wonderful start! I look forward to much more.

Jane

Anonymous said...

What a lovely calm scene and beautiful words. If only we could harness the calm of it, and send it to all the troublespots of the world..what a difference we could make. Thanks Debbie...Look forward to much more. You are now in my Bookmarks! Love n hugs from a foggy UK..Mel R

Unknown said...

Great idea, Debbie! An outlet for you wonderful words that everyone can share. Sarah

Stacy said...

Debbie,

This medium and format is just perfect for you. HOORAY and congrats! I look forward to many visits here in the days and months to come!

Stacy

Tammy said...

Debbie,
Stacy said it best! I think this is the perfect outlet for you. I love reading your writing, and I look forward to visiting often and seeing what you have to share.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Your vapor trail in this virtual world promises to be worth viewing. A fine debut.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully auspicious day you chose to start your blog! I look forward to reading more of your thoughts as the days and weeks and months go by. All the best to you.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Thank you so much for letting me know about this wonderful creation of yours. I look forward to your musings!

Karen

Grace Walker said...

Just beautiful, Debbie. I loved reading this!